Followers

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Memories-Nostalgia-Part 3-Pune(The first one)

Long time due… here is the last city I was in until now.. PUNE!!!
I guess I was always born to be or precisely died to be in Pune! J.. I wil start with the school years I spent in Pune in my summer holidays!! Pune- the city made me wat I am today! The teen age years and the “Being matured” years were spent all in pune….Pune was always close to my heart since childhood. When my final exams used to get over , I used to pack my bags and to pune.. It’s my aajis place. Back them my aaji used to live in one room kitchen flat and we used to live in bungalow in Kolhapur.. but it felt great in those two rooms.. with my cousins.. and FYI my aaji is not one of those filmy grandmothers "ye ga mazi babadi!!(in marathi)” or”aao beta jara idhar to aana..lad pyar .. gajar ka halawa n all that stuff in Hindi) … She was rather is a straightforward / no nonsense woman.. aamhi ticha mar pan khalela ahe.. tichi ragawani aikali ahet.. n then for the last we troubled her a lot.. gacchi warun aaji aaji haka marun khali lapun rahycha.. kulfi/pepsi cola gheun de mhanun ticha mage lagaycha.. ticha angawar pani takaycha.. we were also not the usual filmy kids!
I still remember the exact sentence “aaji vada pav aan na “me n my cousin used to say to my grand ma! We used to have that vada pao sitting on the kadappa of a grilled window… Those were the moments.. we never let her sleep in the afternoons .. we used to laugh within ourselves or we used to trouble her.. I remember the incident.. Kaho na Pyar hain was released.. and me n my cousins were dying to see that movie(btw aajikade cable connection fakt suttit ch lawala jaycha) .. one day that movie was broadcasted on local cable movie channel but our holidays were already over and I was back to kolhapur… my grand mother called specially(it was STD call and used to rate high) and told my mom” chinkila sang, kaho na pyar laglay” :D
Those moments will never come back but I will cherish them for life time.. the next post awaits to start my teenage journey in Pune! Till then Enjoy!! Happy Makar Sankranti!!

1 comment:

  1. Chinki !! :P reminds me of Munnabhai MBBS :) hehe good to see you back in action !

    ReplyDelete